Monday, May 28, 2012

Benedikt

Borg Brugghús released this beast over the easter. I was not that impressed, maybe I was too much of a style-nazi. Dry hopped Belgian should sound good, and taste equally good. I was not having that, thought it was more of a big american pale ale, or a belgian brother of an american IPA, which also would not be bad.. (remind me again why I did not like this beer when it came out!?)
I came across a bottle at my uncles house this weekend and brought home. Thought it would be interesting to sample when it had aged a bit. And whoa.. what a glorious brew! The hop character was still there but very nice balanced with malt and sweetness. Very sweet hop infused belgian. Loved it! Borg are beginning to make quite a name for themselves when it comes to seasonal brews, having made the god almighty one of the best imperial stouts in the world last January.. More of this please

No comments:

Post a Comment